Questions to Ask Your Doctor
Doctors know a lot about a lot of things, but they don't always know everything about you or what is best for you. Your questions give your doctor and health care team important information about you, such as your most important health care concerns.
A simple question can help you feel better, let you take better care of yourself, or save your life.
The questions below can get you started.
- What is the test for?
- How many times have you done this procedure?
- When will I get the results?
- Why do I need this treatment?
- Are there any alternatives?
- What are the possible complications?
- Which hospital is best for my needs?
- How do you spell the name of that drug?
- Are there any side effects?
- Will this medicine interact with medicines that I'm already taking?
Learn more about how you can speak up during doctor visits to be an advocate for your health or that of someone you love.