Book a Presentation for Your Organization, Group, or Workplace
Takacs McGinnis Elder Care Law offers experienced and engaging presenters who can address many topics related to the challenges of aging, long-term illness, and disability, usually at no charge. Unsure about which topic to choose? Brief session descriptions are available upon request. We are also happy to customize a presentation to fit the needs of your group. For more information or to book a speaker, call (615) 824-2571 or email email@example.com.
Topics for the General Public
The following topics are ideal for presentation to civic groups, community organizations, senior centers, long-term care facilities, caregiver support groups, and more.
- Urban Legends Regarding Estate Planning
- Understanding Your Durable Power of Attorney
- Getting Older: 10 Survival Tips
- Making the Most of Medicare: Comparing Apples and Oranges
- Will I Lose My House to the Nursing Home?
- Making the Most of VA Benefits
- Getting Ducks in a Row: Essential Legal Documents & Understanding the Healthcare Maze
- Life’s All about Having a Plan B
- Nursing Home Quiz: Is It Too Late?
- Common Nursing Home Problems/Patient Rights
- The Conflict Box: Overcoming Communication Challenges Between Elders and Their Families
Topics for Clinicians and Professionals
Presentations on the following topics can be customized to meet the needs of clinical and professional audiences, including attorneys, social workers, case managers, discharge planners, healthcare professionals, and others who service elderly clients and people with disabilities.
- Capacity for Decision Making and Use of Advance Directives
- Common Nursing Home Problems and Nursing Home Reform Law
- Care Planning Along the Elder Care Continuum
- How Care Gets Paid in Today’s Elder Care Continuum
- TennCare and CHOICES: Putting the Pieces Together
- A Baker’s Dozen of Elder Law Do-Nots
Ask us about in-service presentations and programs to help fulfill continuing education requirements.