Questions & Answers

How can I avoid being impoverished by the high cost of nursing home care?

The answer usually depends upon your marital status, and whether you are already in the nursing home or you anticipate a lengthy stay in the nursing home. It is almost never a good idea for people who aren't facing a lengthy stay in the nursing home to give away assets.

Is my father eligible for VA Aid & Attendance Pension? 

Most Wartime Veterans with 90 days of active duty, 1 day beginning or ending during a period of War, are eligible to apply for the Aid & Attendance Improved Pension. A surviving spouse (marriage must have ended due to death of veteran) of a Wartime Veteran may also apply. The individual applying must qualify both medically and financially. 

My mother has been on Medicare for three years. She never enrolled in a Medicare Part D plan because she didn't have very many prescriptions. Now, her prescriptions are going to cost $1,100 per month. What can we do?

Unless your mother is in a special situation such as, recently losing employer group coverage or recently discharged from a long-term care nursing facility, she will have to wait until the Medicare 
annual enrollment period (Oct. 15 through Dec. 7) to enroll in a Medicare Part D plan. Once enrolled in a Part D plan, it is likely that she will have a late penalty added to her monthly premium.~ 

  • Answer the question below:
    Is seven > than four? (true/false)

Contact Us